Monday, March 21, 2016

It is Easter

Happy Easter week! 

Easter is a time for reflection, remembrance and a time to bring in the new.  However you celebrate I wish you peace and joy. 

This past week I was pretty busy.  I work full-time outside of the home, sometimes up to 70 hours a week and come home and be Mom, Wife, Decorator, Cook, Housekeeper etc.  There are times when I just can't do everything and I need to let myself be okay with that.  Yeah..not so much but I'm working on it. 

With that said I took down my St. Patrick's Day things on Friday and my hubby helped me get down some of our Easter things.  On top of that I somehow talked my hubby into doing a small refurbish of our master bathroom.  I know... what was I thinking!  Small refurbish = silly woman!!!

I am really lucky; I just mention something and possibly an activity that will require a new tool and my husband is all in!  Putting holes in walls, ripping up carpet, plumbing or even a bathroom he's all in. 

Our master bathroom is and has been a disaster.  We had this old ugly faux 1970's pink and beige sheets that were to look like tile in our master shower.  Really ugly even for the 70's.  We had nails popping through and we just knew there wasn't any drywall behind them and we must have water damage.  With fear and dread my husband ripped apart the shower/tub enclosure mumbling to himself that he just doesn't know how I talk him into these things.  It wasn't until I heard a scream that I came running.  He was practically dancing in the tub - NO MOLD, NO DRY ROT, NO WATER DAMAGE!  How did we dodge that bullet???  IDK but I'll take it! 

BUT...come on there is ALWAYS a but!

You guessed it my bathroom isn't back together yet.  It will get there eventually -  I do live with the man who must research and look at consumer reports and reviews on 50 different web sites before he will buy anything.  So I have to give him the time to research a new shower enclosure.  Unfortunately I'm not that patient.  I always tell him by the time he researches and reads and makes his lists and then decides I've done it 10 times.  Now he will chime in with 10 times wrong but.... LOL!

He is very, VERY handy and did the plumbing himself - no leaks after only 3 tries and he fixed several things that the 1970's builder didn't do properly like our railing that goes around the open entrance to the basement is just nailed into the drywall - no stud.  That was fixed and he brought the plumbing up to current code. 

BEFORE: 

 Ugly 1970's faux tile... (see I told you - U G L Y)
It is a large sheet and no, nothing was behind it just studs.
Wall with the nails in the drywall for the railing; also notice the hole.. someone at some point put a hole in the wall but didn't patch it correctly and when the faux tile was ripped out the hole was torn open again so that will have to be fixed. 
I'll be posting on the progress but this is how it still looks today. 

Enough about the bathroom!  I wanted to share a PINTREST SUCCESS! 
I saw several versions of this on Pintrest and thought I'd give it a try...

So how did I do this? 

You will need:
3 wreathes in descending sizes - I used wood as it is easier to make the ears out of the wood/twig wreathes
3 stems of some sort of pastel fuzzy sticks - I used green, yellow and blue
1 garland, Easter themed.  You could use bunnies or carrots - I chose eggs
Hot glue gun
Wire - 3 pieces, 1 for each ear to secure them to the head and 1 to join the head and body
Ribbon to hang it with
Optional - zip tie - I used the zip tie to join the head and body together instead of wire

First up - I worked on the body first and hot glued the egg garland to the wreath.  If you have too much garland you can overlap like I did or cut it and make a knot in the string to keep any eggs you don't glue down from falling off.



Next - Work on the head.  I was making my fuzzy sticks look like a bowtie or whiskers.  I just stuck them in the wreath form at the bottom then turned the wreath over and hot glued everything into place.  Watch you fingers cause yes, I burned myself several times between the fuzzy sticks and the eggs. 


Now - either wire or zip tie your head and body together


Finally - wire your ears on... now how did I make those ears? 


I took the smallest wreath and took it apart making 2 then tied each one back to itself individually.  Then I wired the ears onto the head.
Finally I cut a small length of ribbon and looped it through the head, made a knot and hung the bunny up! 
Pretty cute!


Now if you can bear with me I'd like to give you a quick tour of my house decorated for Easter... I know I've done a lot haven't I! 

Worlds cutest bunny!  I got him from Pier One.
He is sitting on my mantle.
 Close up of the Target dollar spot LED bunny lights... so cute!

Next is the dinning table...
I think it is simple yet very pretty and the kiddo's love the tablecloth with its bunnies doing all sorts of activities. 
Close up of a .50 terra cotta pot with an egg nesting in some faux greenery.

Next is my coffee table.


That is the plain candleholder from Kirkland's that I cut faux flowers to fit in around the bottom.  I like the plain one personally since I can customize it for every holiday very easily.  AND...psst it was much cheaper than the holiday inspired ones that they sell... Like 1/2 the price or more! 

And the buffet.
Just a bit of Easter around to make thing festive for the kiddo's. 

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I appreciate the read.  If you would please leave a comment let me know your thoughts... do you decorate for Easter?  Spring?  If so how?  Do you have a theme? Do you make a wreath for Easter?  Spring?  I made my husbands Grandmother a cross for her door.    I'd love to see pictures!!!


Have a safe and blessed Easter. 
Victoria

Whoo hoo!  I'm on INSTAGRAM!!!!  Yes, yes. YES!  Please follow me.  I'm slightly addicted so you'll see previews to blog posts and my decorating mistakes and successes!  You'll also get tips on things I find in stores - like have you been to Target lately?  They have the most amazing and cute pillows for summer!  This is the one I came home with but I'll be posting more on INSTAGRAM!    The pillows start at $9.99, yep 10 bucks! 

Also Target has some really cute galvanized items, candles, pots, trays and even serving pieces for summer!  You must check it out! Can you tell I'm excited!  I'm SO excited!!! 
So follow me on INSTAGRAM to see more!  Search for me as Vicdenni on INSTAGRAM.


I also hope you follow me on PINTREST -
https://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/

I am on Facebook but... due to the nature of FB you either need to interact with my page weekly or request to see me in your newsfeed... but I'm there.
https://www.facebook.com/Dragonflies-and-Thistles-491393717621010/?ref=hl



No comments:

Post a Comment