Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Fall Home Tour

Welcome!
Come on in, have a seat and make yourself comfortable.  Would you like a glass of wine or a cup of tea?  How about some lemon bars, they are delicious and doesn't lemon always make you think low fat?  I know it does to me! 
There are a lot of photo's coming your way so grab your drink and hang on.

I hope you enjoy what I've done to my home for fall.  I do tend to go all out this time of the year.  My little 70's ranch just seems to excel in the fall.  At night I love to turn off all the electrical lights and light the candles, jars and lanterns.  It makes it so cozy like a big blanket enveloping you and keeping you safe an warm.  Our neighbors say that sometimes our house looks like a ship in the night.  When it is dark and I've got all the candles lit inside and out our house takes on a lovely inviting glow. 

To see the front of the house check out last weeks post.
http://www.dragonfliesandthistles.blogspot.com/2015/09/fall-front-porch.html

Despite my reservations it still looks the same this week.  Heck this is all coming down in another 2 weeks and I'll put up all different decorations for Halloween.  Then crazy me, I get it all out again in November and re-decorate for Thanksgiving.  Embrace the madness folks. 

Got your wine? (you may need it!!)

When you first come in the front door you are greeted by my little table.  This time of the year it has a fall picture of the Grand Teton's and a small fall tea light.  The candle melt from Yankee is filled with fall scents now.  If you haven't seen one of these they are amazing.  The scent packs are large and hold their smell for a long time.  Mine is electric and I just switch it on and leave it go.  If you don't like candles this may be a good option for you. 



 The entry opens up into a larger room which is the living/dinning room combo.  It is an L shaped room with a large overpowering wood burning fireplace that I have a love/hate relationship with.  Right now it is LOVE. 

If you've been here before you know that I switch my living and dinning rooms around in June and don't move them back until the end of September.
Here in Colorado we can actually eat outside until mid October sometime and other times we'll have snow in September so it just depends.  This year it is still warm so we are currently eating outside. 

The mantle in my house is very rustic so it lends itself to a great display in the fall.

To the left of the mantle is my sideboard.  I still haven't had the courage to paint it but I have decided on a gray/blue and leaving the top dark wood. 
 
I got the deer candle holder at Walmart.  Those large jars I filled with pinecones and dollar store leaves then added battery operated lights.  The link for making those is at the end of the post. 
The mason jars just look great don't they!  If you missed that post I'll add the link at the end.  Super easy and inexpensive to do. 



  The dinning table is also all decked out for fall.

 I just love these cute fat little owl salt and pepper shakers. 
I also have fox S&P shakers - both from Walmart.

The mason jars running down the middle of the table are from Kirkland's.  The leaf dish is from Macy's - Martha Stewart. 

Where the dinning room normally is I now have my loveseat and chair.  I decorated the coffee table very sweetly.

The mason jars are the one's I made a few weeks ago along with the large jars.  That link will be at the end with the large glass jars.

I hid the battery packs with other objects.  A sweet owl...
 



And a piece of rock I collected from Canyonlands National Park.
 
And a sweet fox laying on a piece of marble.  
 
In the center I elevated a candle.  The holder is from Bed Bath and Bodyworks.  The shade is from Home Interiors (I got it years ago).




 I found this beauty at Kirkland's it was $12.00 and really looks great on my side table in the living room.  The dragonfly plate was a Christmas present from my daughter.

The living room is rounded out by the china cabinet.  On the top I added a vase and put a large bunch of faux flowers in it. 
 
 I also decorate my kitchen a bit for fall. These blocks that I made last year sit on the window ledge between the kitchen and living/dinning room.  I'll add the link to the blocks at the end of the post as well.   
On my kitchen counter I have a gold tray that I found at Home Goods in the clearance isle for $5.00 last year.  I added my wire fruit basket and some other trinkets.  The ceramic pumpkin is from Hobby Lobby and I made the 'Autumn' candle. 



 I also decorate the back deck.  We spend a lot of time out there and I decorate it for each season.  For fall I add faux flowers in a vase and pumpkins to wicker shelves and the bar cart. 
 


 I also placed a bunch of pinecones in a wood container and added that to the outdoor coffee table.

For the table I filled a lantern with faux fall filler from Kirkland's and a cornucopia that I stuffed with more faux flowers. 


Heading back inside lets go downstairs.  This is where our family room is and where we spend our TV time (limited in our house).  But I still do a bit of decorating here as well.
  A nice smelling candle (Mulled Cider from Walmart - smells amazing) with a small wreath around it on the coffee table.  
Then some knick-knacks in the book/DVD shelf. 


WHEW! 
That is it!  Thanks for sticking with all these pictures but I really do love my home decorated for fall.
 
Here are some tips.
 
TIPS - Do what you love and use what you love
 
Don't forget rooms other than your living/dining room - they deserve a little fall too!
 
Buy at the end of the season or when things are on sale.
 
Here are some links to projects mentioned above.
 
Large jar/mason jar with lights -
 
 
Painted mason jars -
 
 

 Fall blocks -
http://www.dragonfliesandthistles.blogspot.com/2014/08/pintrest-inspired-craft.html

You can also look back on last years fall house tour with links to 2013 as well -
http://www.dragonfliesandthistles.blogspot.com/2014/09/fall-mantel.html


Thank you so much for stopping by.  If you have any questions on any of the crafts please comment and I'll answer back as quickly as I can. 

I appreciate you reading!  Next week I will have my first Halloween craft to share with you.  Until then, Stay Safe!
Victoria

You can always follow me on Pintrest -
https://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/Dragonflies-and-Thistles-491393717621010/timeline/?ref=hl

Or right here on the blog!
www.dragonfliesandthistles.blogspot.com


1 comment:

  1. I love your mantle, it is so pretty. What a great tour.

    Thanks for sharing this with us at Talented Tuesday Link Party last week, hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete