Monday, April 27, 2015

Industrial Chic Jewelry Hanger

I have seen these jewelry holders around Pintrest in copper and since I really like the Industrial look I decided to make one myself.
I will walk you through it step by step. 
I used 1/2 inch Galvanized Steel pipe parts but you could use copper.  You can also make it any height you want.  This one is big - 18 inches tall. 

To replicate it as I have above you will need the following:
1 piece of wood for the base - I used a 1x4 pine board and stained it
Stain of you color choice for your base or paint of your color for the base
4 screws
2 'T' joints for 1/2 inch galvanized steel pipe
3 end caps for 1/2 inch galvanized steep pipe
1 length of pipe 12 inches long of 1/2 inch galvanized steel pipe
4 lengths of pipe 6 inches long each of 1/2 inch galvanized steel pipe
1 galvanized steel base that will fit 1/2 inch pipe

Now lets put it together!
Step 1 - start at the bottom with the base - into that screw one of you 6 inch long pipes.

Step 2 - screw in one of you 'T' joints


Step 3 - on the horizontal opening screw in another one of your 6 inch pieces of pipe
Step 4 - Place one of your end caps on the end of this piece

Step 5 - Now screw your 12 inch piece of pipe into the other end of the 'T' joint
Step 6 - Take your final 'T' joint and screw it into place at the top
Step 7 - You should have 2 pieces of 6 inch long pipe left, screw each one into the open ends of the 'T' joint
Step 8 - Add you last 2 end caps
Step 9 - Cut your 1x4 piece of pine wood to whatever length you want.  I made mine a bit longer so I could put a dish underneath to hold rings or ear rings. 
Step 10 - Stain your 1x4 piece of wood to whatever color you want.  You could even forgo the stain and paint the wood! 
Step 11 - Secure your jewelry hanger to your piece of wood using screws through the base.
DONE!
Super cute and a great gift. 
Let me know if you make one, I'd love to see others and how they all turn out.

Thanks for stopping by; I truly appreciate the support. 
I'll be back next Tuesday.  Until then, Stay Safe!
Victoria

You can follow me on Pintrest -
https://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dragonflies-and-Thistles/491393717621010?ref=hl

And right here on the blog!
www.dragonfliesandthistles.BlogSpot.com

1 comment:

  1. I really like this! We made a pipe robot lamp for my hubby's side of the bed…this would be great for mine!
    Thanks for linking up at the Talented Tuesday Party :-)

    ReplyDelete