Monday, January 12, 2015

Valentine's Day door

Valentine's Day is coming are you ready? 

 Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holiday's, when else can you celebrate the life of a 3rd century Roman Saint who married soldiers heading for war and for his disobedience he was beheaded??  Gotta love, love! 

But really Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays.  Even when my kiddo's were little I made sure to make the day special for my husband and myself.  I would set up a small table in front of our fireplace, make a special dinner, (usually steak and shrimp) feed the kiddo's early and occupy them with a movie while my husband and I sat eating by firelight.  We would even get dressed up for the occasion.  It could be very romantic. 

I decorate the house but I don't use the 'normal' or expected Valentine colors of red, pink and white.  Now I do have some of that in the house but I keep to the colors of my house, grey, blue, black and brown. 

Recently I made a 'wreath' for my front door that has a Valentine theme. 

I love it.  LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

I got the frame at Hobby Lobby on the clearance rack for $10.00.
The heart also came from HL it was not on sale, $4.00 but you always have the 40% off coupon on-line or on your phone. 
I also got the flowers at HL for 50% off. 
The ribbon I had on hand. 

I cut the flowers off the stems to make them short then hot glued them to the heart.
For the picture frame I didn't want to glue them to the frame so I can change them out for summer or fall if I want to. 

I laid them out on the frame then secured them with a piece of burlap that I glued to the back of the frame.


To hang the heart evenly I strung a wire through the top of the heart and wrapped the ribbon around that.
I like this because it isn't an ordinary wreath. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate your support.
Let me know what you think of the 'wreath'.  Next week I'll be back and sharing a really easy date night meal.  Until then, stay safe!

Victoria

You can also follow me on Pintrest -
http://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dragonflies-and-Thistles/491393717621010

You can also follow me right here on the blog -
www.dragonfliesandthistles.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment